MAXIMIZE CELL YIELD & PERCUTANEOUS BONE GRAFT HARVESTING
The Marrow Cellution™ System maximizes stem and progenitor cell recovery and minimizes peripheral blood contamination.
Thus, it prevents the subsequent need for additional manipulation procedures such as centrifugation and/or chemical separation which usually require oversight by national regulatory authorities.
A BREAKTROUGH ASPIRATION NEEDLE OFFERING HIGH CONCENTRATIONS OF STEM CELLS IN AN OFFICE SETTING IN LESS THAN 10 MINUTES
Reduces Peripheral Blood Contamination
Closed-end Aspiration Design
Cannula via Sheath Technology
Lateral vs. Distal Collection
Never Leaves Sterile Field
Higher CFU-f Counts per mL
Autologous Bone Graft Collection
Additional Steps Not Required
Marrow Cellution provides substantial savings in time, effort and expense.
It reduces patient trauma, morbidity and risk of infection.
Bone Marrow Aspiration
The regenerative qualities of bone marrow have been used for decades and are considered the gold standard for stem cell harvesting. However, after the first 1-2 mL of bone marrow aspirate from a traditional needle, the number of total nucleated cells (TNC) in the aspirate drops dramatically due to the lower viscosity of blood and the design of the needle, which operates most optimally for small biopsy volume. After aspirating the first 1-2 mL of bone marrow, peripheral blood will preferentially fill the vacated space, limiting the additional harvest of key stem and progenitor cells.
The Marrow Cellution™ Bone Marrow Aspiration System overcomes this issue. It allows the user to aspirate in a measured and controlled manner over a large geography inside the marrow space, while restricting peripheral blood infiltration.
The Marrow Cellution™ Bone Marrow Aspiration System is intended for use for aspiration of bone marrow or autologous blood. It allows the user to aspirate in a measured and controlled manner over a large geography inside the marrow space.
Marrow Cellution™ is available in both 11G and 13G and includes an introducer needle, blunt stylet, aspiration cannula and 10mL syringe. The technology is available in multiple lengths and is designed for use in the Iliac Crest, Pedicle, Calcaneous or Tibia.
Every Marrow Cellution™ System includes two important unique features:
- a closed needle tip to prevent aspiration of excess blood from the entry channel, and
- a handle with threaded guide for controlled movement of the aspiration cannula within the marrow space.
View the basic Marrow Cellution
process steps overview Process Steps
SCIENTIFIC DATA: CFU-F COUNTS
(1) n=5; Scarpone MA, et al. Marrow Cellution Bone Marrow Aspiration System and Related Concentrations of Stem and Progenitor Cells. White Paper 2015.
(2) n=27; Harrell DB, Purita JR. Novel Technology to Increase Concentrations of Stem and Progenitor Cells from Marrow Aspiration. White Paper 2016.
(3) Hegde V, et al. A prospective comparison of three approved systems for autologous bone marrow concentration demonstrated non-equivalency in progenitor cell number and concentration. J Orthop Trauma. 2014 Oct;28(10):591-8.
(4) McLain R, et al. Aspiration of Osteoprogenitor Cells for Augmenting Spinal Fusion: Comparison of Progenitor Cell Concentrations From the Vertebral Body and Iliac Crest. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005 Dec; 87(12): 2655–2661.
BONE MARROW ASPIRATION & PERCUTANEOUS CANCELLOUS BONE HARVESTING
The Marrow Cellution™ Bone Marrow Aspiration- & Autologous Bone Harvesting System (MC-RAN-8C) allows physicians to combine high quality bone marrow aspirate and percutaneously harvested cancellous bone autograft.
The high cellular composition of Marrow Cellution™ Aspirate combined with percutaneously harvested bone dowels delivers autograft without the associated morbidity.
- Graft material with osteoconductive, osteoinductive & osteogenic properties.
- Minimally invasive technique – using a 8 Gauge Trephine Needle for bone dowel extraction.
- Graft material may be combined with allogenic, autologous or synthetic bone chips hydrated with high cellular marrow aspirate.
- Reduces donor site morbidity associated with standard harvesting techniques.
Using the Marrow Cellution™ graft delivery syringe and the Marrow Cellution™ Bone Dowel Harvest device, the clinician can create a combination graft of a vascularized intact bone dowel in the center of the graft surrounded by allogeneic, autologous or synthetic bone chips hydrated with high cellular marrow aspirate.
Higher quality, less quantity, delivered appropriately minimizes host morbidity. Read More